Marymount School opened its doors on February 2, 1926 with thirteen students. The School was housed in only the 1028 building, and the first graduates were Elizabeth Byrne and Marjorie McCormack in 1928.
The Dance of the Poinsettias, 1935
Religious artifacts booth for Christmas charities in the Blue Room, 1941
Marymount students enjoy the rowboats in Central Park, 1951
Changing political and social landscapes were reflected at Marymount in the 1960s. AP courses and social justice were added to the curriculum. The first Board of Trustees met in 1969.
Marymount became NYSAIS accredited in 1973, and the School was restructured so Lower School housed Nursery-VI and Upper School housed VII-XII. Sr. Kathleen Fagan became Headmistress in 1976.
Big Sisters/Little Sisters, 1985
Arthur Ashe, with daughter Camera, reads to students as part of the African-American Book Fair
75th Anniversary celebration, February 2, 2001
The Class VII study tour visits France and Spain, 2012